Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Perfection is not the goal

As opposed to my first attempt, my goal is not to achieve perfection. I do not think that I will make it to May having not consumed one ounce of white sugar/flour. Seems rather unreasonable to me. So on days like today where I didn't pack enough food the day after a speed workout, I can neither confirm or deny that I may have eaten the only thing available to me (a Betos bean burrito and some croissant chicken salad sandwiches). My fault. Now I remember how kicking up my miles makes me hungrier and that if I hope to eliminate these (what I consider) harmful substances from my diet, I'd better pack more yummy, healthy food throughout the day. My quest continues.

Overall, today was good. I didn't feel all that cute (me no likey early morning meetings), but after my big "f*** off world; I live my life!" epiphany on Monday, I have felt worlds and worlds better. Plus I got to have dinner with a great friend at one of my favorite places in the city tonight. Cowabunga, dudes.

No comments: