Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I did it.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in the past 10 days. Here's the summary: I successfully went 30 days without sugar. No chocolate. No desserts. I even avoided ketchup. I did, as I told you in the last post, cave a bit on the white flour end of things. Last Wednesday was back to school night and what food was provided? Pizza. And I knew I needed something to eat. And you know what I think? I think eating white flour made the sugar cravings come back. It could partly just be hormonal or whatever, but I swear that after I started eating white flour periodically that I wanted sugar and junk food again. So the last week or so I haven't felt as awesome as I was.

But I did it. I went a month with no sugar. And it was awesome. I felt awesome (for a couple weeks anyway). I felt in control. It simplified choices. It made it easy to say no to things I would have compelled to eat. It made me more aware of the ABUNDANCE of sugar around me. And I realized some of my food patterns (like not preparing ahead of time) that make eating healthy difficult.

I'm really glad I did this. Now what? I still haven't eaten sugar even though my experiment technically ended yesterday. I've been eating some crappy food lately(i.e. bean burritos, arbys. Who knew you could eat so crappy while still avoiding sugar?) and I want to clean it up before I get off the wagon. Plus, I'm afraid I'll go back to my old habits. So I need to come up with a plan. And the perfect dessert to break my celibacy with. I'm thinking something chocolate. Or perhaps chocolate chippy.

What should my next experiment be?

2 comments:

Jennifer Sue said...

Congrats girly! I'm so proud to know you.

Shellianne said...

Cool.
I think the next experiment should be our own mini triathlon. One which we organize on our own for ourselves. What do you think?